Monday 3 November 2014

Gremlins.....Mega Madness Super Badness!

This week has been so much fun and even though Halloween may be over, there is still lots of fun to be had.

I released a special mix of  “Mega Madness” this week.  It was originally sung by Michael Sembello for the 1984 movie Gremlins and I have always loved it. Who can forget the break dancing Gremlin in Dorry's Tavern dancing to Mega madness in pink leg warmers!

~You can see it in action here
http://youtu.be/BcWJaHZBEw0 

It’s so interesting to me how culture, technology and our tastes change over time and how with some careful thought, something old becomes something new.  With Gremlins 3 in the pipeline it is going to be interesting to see their approach to a new movie.  (We have to remember the original Gremlins had no CGI like today and it just makes me appreciate the film even more for the amazing puppetry and animatronics that brought the Gremlins to life)

As always, there’s more music coming soon , but for now, enjoy "Mega Madness" as you rifle through the remains of you Halloween Candy : )

Thank you for joining me on my Quest For Pop adventure

Spencer

Spencer-mega-madness

No comments:

Post a Comment